Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:21:26 -0800
From what I've read researchers aren't 100% sure how
it improves insulin resistance, but there are several
theories.

1)it may suppress disaccharidase activity - meaning
that carbohydrates are not absorbed as efficiently in
the small intestine.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/130/3/507

2)Another theory is that it increases the repletion of
glycogen in muscle and the liver, thereby lowering
blood sugar.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/131/7/1973?ijkey=153f3498e096f86756857c68d502e181d4d6ca58

Larine

http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2475