NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"R. Pellerin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:54:42 -0400
Boy, how stressful for you.

All I can say is this:  I didn't avoid dairy for both pregnancies and #1 was
allergic to milk protein (still is) and #2 is clearly not (she just drank a
cupfull).  So...I know I have read in the past to avoid, or rather to reduce
the risk of allergies, to avoid the allergen when pregnant but I don't
believe that is any guarantee.

You are due in three to five weeks and just stopped dairy only three weeks
ago?  I am not a doctor but I bet that if avoiding dairy was going to reduce
the chances, I would have started much earlier in the pregnancy.

It is too bad you cannot breastfeed...have you consulted with lactation
consultants?  La Leche League?

I think the doctor is correct...try the milk based formula.  The baby needs
to be exposed to the possible allergen to know if the allergy is there.

Sorry I can't help more.