From:
Jaclyn Martyn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaclyn Martyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:04:59 -0500

Hi Listmates,

I e-mailed Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut over the weekend out of curiosity as I far prefer Canadian companies for my baking supplies. Callebaut is however quite expensive $7.00 CDN per 500g and I'm wondering if anyone has tried the brand. I haven't seen the packaging, so I don't know if says traces of wheat or not. But any further information to supplement the e-mail from the company would much appreciated.

Jaclyn Martyn

*Will summarize*

Subject: FW: Baking BarsDate: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:01:05 -0700From: [log in to unmask]: [log in to unmask]

Good morning Jaclyn,

Thank you for contacting Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut.  We appreciate your interest.  The majority of our products are gluten free, including our baking bars.  Please see the list below of our products which are not gluten free.

    - Orange Peel (Organic wheat syrup)
    - Marsior (Organic wheat syrup)
    - Chocolate Covered Coffee Cookies (Flour)
    - Chocolate Covered Pretzels (Organic flour)
    - Chocolate Covered Biscotti (Organic flour)

Although the majority of our products are considered gluten free, all items are manufactured on the same line.  As a result there are cross contamination risks.  If a customer has a severe gluten (or nut) allergy, we recommend that they not consume any of our products.

Thanks again for your inquiry.

Regards,

Kevin Kazan
CHOCOLATERIE BERNARD CALLEBAUT