Date:
Sun, 28 May 1995 00:43:01 -0400

I have a National Bread Bakery, which I bought about 7 years ago.  I always
follow Hagman's recipe...I think the same one you mentioned, and most
recently the Sour Dough Bread.  The consistency is always like cookie dough,
and however strange it always looks going in, it always comes out the same.
 Baked through to the middle and crusty brown on top.  The only time I've
ever had a problem is when I've used White Rice Flour from an Asian Grocery
store, because it is ground much finer and the bread didn't bake correctly at
all...I think it was rather mushy in the middle.  I've used butter and
margarine, and haven't noticed a difference.  As far as the powdered milk is
concerned, I've always used instant nonfat dry milk powder, even though after
all this time I noticed that her newest cookbook says to use the non-instant
kind of milk powder only.  Hope this helps.