Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:27:47 -0500

Wow!  What a great response!  Thanks to all who sent their comments, which
follow.  (I know I could have summarized this, but I found everyone's
additional comments helpful.  To make it a little shorter, I used "CP" for
chocolate pudding, and "GF" for gluten free.)

1)  Kozy Shack CP is GF.  It says "GF" right on the container.  It's a
premade pudding in the dairy counter.
2)  Jell-O brand.
3)  Kraft (Jello) and Kroger brands both are here (except one flavor that
has cookie crumbs in it), both premade and in the box. There are also Kozy
Shack ready-to-eat puddings in the dairy section.
4)  Most pudding and pie fillings should be GF.  They use cornstarch for
thickeners.  The label should show wheat if it is in the product.
5)  Kozy Shack has chocolate, vanilla, rice, and tapioca puddings, both
regular and low-calorie.  www.KozyShack.com if you need information from
them.  It's in the cold section of the supermarket near the cottage cheese,
sour cream, etc., already made, not a mix, and it's delicious.
6)  Kozy Shack CPs are GF - they say so right on the container.
7)  I have been told that Jell-o brand instant pudding mix is GF.  They
give the usual comment.."we do not hide any of our ingredients so if you do
not see anything..." I do not see any gluten.  PLEASE let me know if you
find out differently.
8)  All Jello gelatins and pudding mixes are GF.
9)  I use the Jell-O brand with no problems.
10)  Kozy Shack is really good, and habit forming...I think it is available
all over the US.
11)  Jello brand is GF.
12)  In the US, Jello, Royal..Read the labels.  Anything that says modified
food starch is GF because any wheat MUST be identified per the Allergen
Labeling Law, effective Jan 1, 2006.  Lots of the pudding cups are also GF
as well as most canned puddings.
13)  We love Kozy Shack.
14)  Cozy Shack puddings are GF.
15)  Kozy makes gf puddings.  They are in the refrig. section at most
grocery stores.
16)  Kozy Shack pudding is GF.
17)  Cozy Shack is GF; it is made with corn starch and tastes almost like
homemade, much better than that junk in the box and you don't have to make
it.
18)  J-ello puddings are GF.  They are made by Kraft and they will include
wheat, rye, barley if they are in the ingredients.
19)  KozyShak puddings are available in most supermarkets and are actually
labeled GF.  Good, too!
20)  Jello boxed pudding is GF.  They use either tapioca or corn starch.
21)  I use Jello brand but have never found any that have not been GF.  I
have not checked for over a year so I could be wrong.  I bought a lot of
them over a year ago and have not run out.   Any they are easy to make from
scratch if necessary but they are so simple to make from a mix.
22)  At Walmart their Great Value brand has the words "gluten free" on the
box of instant CP.
23)  Jello Pudding (made by Kraft) will label any gluten right on the
label.  I do believe that their chocolate pudding/pie filling is GF,
although I don't have any on hand to guarantee.
24)  Kozy Shack makes a CP (and a rice pudding) that my family and I enjoy
a lot and it says GF right on the package!  I have used the CP as a cake
filling and it was excellent used in this way.  Don't know if you can get
Kozy Shack where you live, but here in New York it is readily available at
most large supermarkets and I find it in the refrigerator case near the
yogurts and such.
25)  Royal and Jell-O brands are both GF.
26)  Kozy Shack is GF - look at the packaging on Hunts snack packs - I
think they're also GF.

Hope this helps everyone as it has me!  Thanks again!

*******
*******