Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 12:00:05 EDT

Following is a summary of responses for celiac doctors in Portland or Salem
areas of Oregon:

***
I like Lawrence Gates, M.D., a gastro in Salem.
In past when  selecting a new doc, I
usually figure out 1 or 2 important screening  questions, phone the Dr.'s
office & ask the nurse, who will usually phone  back with info. Some docs
will meet with new patients at no charge to help  determine fit...

***

I did the same inquiry about a month ago and received the name Dr. Julie  Kim
at Legacy; GI doc.  503-229-7137... I haven't seen Dr. Kim yet, so  can't
tell you my opinion. BUT, my sister in law sees her and really likes her.

***
There is a very good gastroenterologist that is connected with  the
Oregon Clinic in Portland, OR. The Oregon Clinic is next to the  205
freeway which is not that far from the Providence Hospital. He did  his
residence at the Mayo Clinic. The phone no. is 503-963-2707

***

Also, this information on support groups was sent to me:

The McMinville support group is very active.  Not sure about  Newberg.
The Mid-Willamette Valley GIG meets in South Salem.  The  Salem,
McMinville, and Portland support groups frequently co-operate & as  far
as I know you would be welcome to participate in any and/or all of  them.
We also have an active ROCK group in Salem (celiac kids).

Thank you to all who responded.