From:
Deborah Ceizler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Ceizler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:32:55 -0800

Palm Beach County Celiac Support Group, a Chapter of the Celiac Disease
Foundation, (CDF) announces the merger with the Southeast Florida
Celiac-Sprue Support Group.

Established in 2005, Palm Beach County Celiac Support Group provides support
for people with Celiac Disease.  Currently there are over 100 active members
meeting every other month at the Civic Center on Jog Road in Delray Beach.
The merger with the Southeast Florida Celiac-Sprue Support Group will bring
the number of active members to over 200.  Palm Beach County Chapter
President, Phyllis Kessler, will be welcoming the new members at the next
meeting on March 20th. Kessler said "We will have strength in numbers. The
medical and dietary concerns of the celiac community need to be heard and
respected. The greater our membership is the stronger and more united we are
in sending our message to physicians, dieticians, governmental agencies and
the food industry".

Additionally, last year the Palm Beach County Chapter launched "Kids
Korner", a group for families with children who have Celiac Disease.

Over the past two years, the Palm Beach Chapter arranged outstanding
gluten-free luncheons, which helped to raise funds for celiac programs of
awareness and education. Well known speakers from the Medical field are
regularly scheduled at the support group meetings.  The Chapter is planning
a vendor fair in the Fall and continues to provide gluten-free food samples
to members at their local meetings.

For more information please call Phyllis Kessler at 561/637-0396 or email

*******
*******