From:
Karen Cockrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Cockrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:30:01 -0400

Wow, did I hear about my post regarding Kraft dressings.  First, I had decided
long before I got the first email that I was NOT going to send anything to
Kraft - even with the brain fog that I get from ingesting gluten, I was thinking
clearly enough to realize that the info I needed was on the label - I just
needed to read it.  Which is what most everyone who wrote reminded me.
The consensus on the labeling law is that the company does not have to add
the bold type Contains: at the bottom of the label.  As long as they list the
allergens within the ingredient list, they have complied.  So I appreciate the
fact that Kraft is doing a good job of labeling - I just need to go back to my
old way of reading labels.   And for those of you who were so quick to let me
know that I was the one who screwed up - not Kraft  - and I had no one to
blame but myself - thanks, but I think my first sentence in my post was that I
had screwed up.  Bottom line here is we still have to read labels closely.  After
12 years, I have to remind myself of that every once in a while.  Thanks to
those who were sympathetic.

Karen in Missouri