Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 15:42:01 -0400
On Wed, 30 May 2007 09:54:24 -0400, Geoffrey Purcell
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Domestication of wild cattle in the Palaeolithic  would have been
> rather  more
> difficult than you might think - you have to remember that
> Palaeolithic/Early
> Neolithic-era wild cattle were giant aurochs, easily capable of killing
> a human
> being, they were not the timid, inbred modern cattle we have today.
> Without
> the use of domesticated dogs to help harass these ancient,giant cattle
> into
> enclosures, raising domesticated aurochs would have been very dangerous
> for
> humans, and therefore highly unlikely.

I differ. The image of a nutcase running after a large dangerous animal
with a sharp stick or bolo rings not my bells. Maybe Neanderthals did it
for fun, they had the muscles, and the broken bones for evidence.

I once knew a man who raised a polar bear from a cub - he was heartbroken
when he had to send it to a zoo.
It is possible to make friends with wild creatures (or deceive them).
This is perhaps not domestication, but more like partnership.

> Here's a couple of standard standard links re Punctuated Equilibrium.
> It's
> remarkably Creationist in its approach:-
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yo9vwy
>
> http://tinyurl.com/365mty

Thanks. Looks like they discovered the cataclysmic culling after I.
Velikovsky or ice ages.

William