Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:14:15 -0500
> Philip > I thought betacellulin was highest in the whey
> protein portion of milk?
>
> I believe the context was that the fat globules in whey had
> the highest concentration and by extension dairy fat
> elsewhere also had the highest concentrations of betacellulin.
>
> Jim

OK, I remember the fat globules now, but whey apparently has different,
smaller fat globules than milk, so betacellulin has been mentioned as being
in milk, colostrum, whey and cheese but I have seen no mention of it being
in cream or butter. I originally thought that it must be in cream and butter
too, but I'm not sure of that now because of the apparent distinction
between milk fat and whey fat.

At any rate, all dairy products have been found to be problematic in some
way, and dairy products were not consumed before the Neolithic era, so for
me it doesn't make much difference anyway.

Max Muscle website:
> "Growth factors are contained within the fat globule membrane
> in whey. They can also be found in colostrum, the pre-milk
> breast fluid produced in the first 48 hours after giving
> birth. Because whey concentrates are higher in fat than whey
> isolates, growth factors are usually found at higher levels
> in concentrates."

Carotenoids for ruminants: From forages to dairy products
http://www.aseanfood.info/Articles/11017271.pdf
> "Kon et al. (1944) have reported that whey fat was richer in carotenoids
than the original milk fat (+50%), which could be explained by the lower
size of the fat globules in whey versus milk and the higher proportion of
carotenoids in the milk fat globule membrane versus in the globule core. In
contrast, these authors observed that retinol concentration was similar
between milk fat and whey fat...."