C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Hunsberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:59:51 -0500
On 9/20/07, ken barber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> try Dr. Roy Spencer
>
> did not have to hurry. formerly with nasa now with the
> university of alabama in huntsville.

Mr. Spencer has one peer reviewed paper that shows an unexpected
cooling effect due to Cirrus clouds.  As even he puts it:"The big
question that no one can answer right now is whether this enhanced
cooling mechanism applies to global warming."  Spencer, is a bright
guy, and has, at least in the past, been on the peer review board for
Nature, which along with Science are, in my opinion, the two
preeminent scientific journals of our time.  However, the current
opinion of his paper is that his conclusions turn out to have been an
artifact of a combination of algebraic and sign errors.  For a sort of
near layman's interpretation of the Nature article that shows this you
may want to have a look at

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2005/08/et-tu-lt/

though I fear you'll not find the Real Climate site to your liking in general...

Spencer gets a lot of political mileage and generates a lot of
speculation from his scientific credentials but to date he has not
actually rebutted any aspect of global warming.

Try again.

--
Peter Hunsberger