From:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 14:34:51 -0800
Hi all,

I have a couple of small fm transmitters we use to pipe output from
the pc sound card and other things to fm radios around the house
and property.

The trick is to locate an empty frequency in the standard fm band.

Both transmitters have small trimmers inside to adjust the
frequency, but you need to use  insulated tools, otherwise your
hand and the tool capacity will significantly shift the frequency
once set.

Several years ago I was able to find a cheap set of these plastic
tools at radio shack which were originally advertised as allignment
tools for tv tuners.

Radio shack doesn't cary them anymore, (guess they found a newer
grade of junk), and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions as to a
mail order place which still might carry this kind of stuff.

I think the radio shack things were around 5 dollars or so, and
really not worth spending a lot of money on, but would sure like to
find a set if I can.

Thanks,

Don W6SMB