From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 23:41:36 -0500
On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 15:36:07 -0500, Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Anyway, someone on a rawfood board wrote this below and I wonder if
> anyone
> has any thoughts about it.
>
> 1. The animals knows it is about to be killed.

That's why you should sneak up on your prey.  :-)

> None of this is questionable. The ONLY question is, "What does a load of
> adrenaline do to us?"
>
> 1. Shifts blood flow from the forebrain to the hindbrain (limbic brain).
> Supports quick, reactive decision-making and reactive behavior. ...(etc)

That's what adrenaline *in your bloodstream* does to you.  Does it have
the same effect in food?  How stable is it?  Does it remain in the meat
until it's consumed?  If you're cooking the meat, does cooking break it
down?  Does it break down in the stomach?  Does it pass directly into the
bloodstream?  (I have no idea if it does or not, I'm just saying the
effect of a substance in your bloodstream isn't necessarily the same as
one in your diet.  Like cholesterol, for example.)

> All this explains why there is no such thing as a vegetarian army ... the
> concept is an oxymoron.  Throughout the history of warfare, generals have
> known full well that they should feed the troops flesh as the approach a
> big battle.

A lot of vegetarians are such because they object to the slaughter of
animals.  It stands to reason that they would also be opposed to the
slaughter of men, which is what armies are about.

--
   Robert Kesterson