NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Colleen Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:42:26 -0500
Alex,
I am a Nurse Practitioner and a mom of an 18 month old with milk allergy.
In order to answer your question, I would need more information.
How old is your daughter?
How long ago was she diagnosed with her allergy?
Colleen Barrett, MSN, CRNP

>From: Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: To challenge?
>Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:01:44 -0500
>
>Hello people,
>
>My daughter is allergic to dairy, raw eggs and tree nuts.
>
>Although she used to react on touch, it was usually in the form of hives =
>or some swelling, nothing life threatening (the epipen is still unused).
>
>The situation however seems to improving.
>
>While the reaction to nuts is as strong is ever (the allergist suggests =
>that it's for life), she recently tested negative to milk and to eggs on =
>both a skin-prick test and a blood test.
>
>The allergist currently suggests a set of two challenges, one week =
>apart, involving ingestion of 30ml (1 US fluid ounce) of milk and a =
>similar set for raw egg (yuck).  If no reaction is observed he would =
>pronounce her allergy free for the tested substances.
>
>Before we proceed, we would like to hear the opinions and suggestions of =
>other people who were in a similar situation.
>
>Best wishes,
>Alex.

something more.
http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG