From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:23:50 -0600
yes, and the regs also state, at least here, and i am assuming there is
similar language in the regs in the states, that the other users of the 70CM
amateur band must accept interpherence on said band from other users, that
being the amateur operators, without complaint or recourse.
I guess the military is over and above communication regulations?  I would
agree that malicious interpherence is one thing and that it is illegal no
matter who is creating it. however, operating legal stations, with all
transmitters and receivers within standardized parameters, which means
sperious emitions are kept with in regulated parameters, is not malicious
interpherence and therefore any other user, IE the military, cannot force
amateur operators to lower power or seace transmitting, unless it can be
proven to directly inhibit operations dealing with national secuirty, or if
it compremises confidential information.
Which, it doesn't since all matters dealing with national security and
confidential information are transmitted and received via satelite and
networked computer systems these days.
Anyway, my two sents here and perhaps totally off target anyway.
73
Colin, V A6BKX