From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:17:01 -0400
Hi Mike.

I'm sorry to say that I think that in the mind of the average Congressional
representative, the loss of campaign contributions from these groups would
do more damage to their future than angering fans of Internet
radio.  Congress stopped representing the people when it became so
ridiculously expensive to run a election campaiign that they essentially
became slaves of the special interests who could afford to bankroll them.

There is a simple way to fix the system, but you'll never get our
representatives to go along with it because they benefit from the status
quo.  But, if you really wanted to fix the system, here is how to do it.

All election campaigns are administered from a fund that is set up
specifically for political campaigns.  Each candidate gets the same amount
to spend.  They cannot supplement it with their own personal funds or
solicit funds from anyone else.  They are each given the same amount and
must use it judiciously.  They can still listen to any of the special
interest groups that they have an interest in;  they simply can't receive
anything from them.  If we could do that, I think the US would return to a
representative form of government--as it is now, you only get represented
if you can afford to pay for it.

73, de Lou K2LKK