From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2007 17:17:20 -0400
Hi Robert;

I am forever changing ht's.

And, I always come back to the TH-FAR.

The third band may be a band you will never use.

The 220MHZ band is used for links and an occasional repeater.

However, their is an up side to the third band.

I noticed that most ht's that have a third band always have a wide band
receive.

The wide band receive lends itself to intermod.

So, if you use the (a) band the receive is a lot tighter and you won't get
any intermod.

Also, if you use the (A) and the (B) band, you can monitor two frequencies
in the same band.

Just my thoughts.

73 De Anthony W2AJV
ECHOLINK NODE NUMBER: 74389