From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 20:39:45 -0400
Well, in the dark days before digital trunktracking scanners I was really
seriously looking at spending whatever it took to get an 800 MHz radio to
listen to my local police when I was shut out of monitoring for 15 long
months.  In those days a digital Motorola portable for this purpose a lone
was $800 a lone, and that is without the purchase of software.  I haven't
actively looked for something that could transmit in APCO-25 mode since I
got a digital scanner now, but with this repeater and also maybe some work
on 33 CM Iam thinking of renewing my search.  I ahve heard that some
people buy baby monitors and modify then for use on 33 CM, and even on 2.4
GHz where a ham band is and more baby monitors people are operating there
as well.