From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:21:38 -0600
So, i suspect that high gain AM antennas with built in preamps will become
much cheaper and will be recommended.
I can just imagine the advertizing for them now.
The whole debate around weather you will need a good signal all the time
strikes me as a bit odd, since, even though it is A M, the digital signal
won't have to be nearly as strong to be decoded when compared to an audio
signal.
I also expect there are noise cancelling circuits built into the iboc radios
to attempt to eliminate noise from outside the pass band that the digital
signal will need.
I don't know allot about the type of digital signal it is, but if it is like
most digital streams, it will only take up a certain segment of the audio
band and everything else can be blanked out.
So, phase shifting and fading may have already been compensated for.
Am i totally wrong about all this?
It seems to me that engineers designing iboc and those intending to use it,
aren't a bunch of intelectually challenged morons who don't know the first
thing about RF communications.  I am posative much of the problems brought
up here have been addressed and worked out already.
73 Colin, V A6BKX