From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:33:04 -0400
Yeah verily!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin McDonald" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: BBC E-mail: Royalties threaten internet radio

yes, it's quite legal.
The supreme court has ruled that ISP's  are not required to give up lists of
customers who download media.
Therefore, there is no case law which makes the practice illegal.
Also, it is illegal for a company to spy on the activities of canadians
online without their permission to obtain records of downloads.
It is considered personal property and the personal domain once it is on
your personal computer.
Unless a record company can get a search warrant, and come up with some
probable cause to search your computer, and can come up with a charge, then
there is nothing they can do and the laws to not prohibit obtaining music or
movies online without paying a fee.
Its called freedom in this country.
Too bad the so called "free world" known as the united states has so many
laws which take away those freedoms in the pursuit of the all mighty dollar.
73

Colin, V A6BKX