From:
Christy Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 02:18:29 -0600
From what I understand, when the FCC order takes affect that gives techs
their new privs, it will also make upgrading to general just mean a theory
test. So it just means she took the extra step to get done a bit earlier
than some. I'm not quite sure when that affective date actually is.

I thought about doing the same thing, actually. But between transportation
difficulties getting to the exam site, and technicalities of taking the code
test, it's easier to just wait... Good news is though, I've reached the
point where I know the letters, numbers and punctuation.. My speed sucks,
but that's what I'm working on now. I definitely still intend to use the
code, even if I don't officially test for it. That is, once I can afford a
radio and get someone who can help me set an apartment hf station up. All in
good time.

Tom, tell your wife congratulations from me and I'm sure all of us.