Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:45:13 -0500
Anthony,

You are making a broad-brush statement here ... "it is light years ahead of any
program".

In what respects?  Most reviews appear to show that there are comparable
features.  In the default mode, Kurzweil may outperform OpenBook.  But, the
differences in head-to-head scans are not that great.  The Kurzweil does have a
confidence level indication which is nice.  One interesting note is that
OpenBook used to be better at converting a PDF image into text.