From:
Brett Winches <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 11:05:34 -0700
Jim,  Perhaps the electronics-talk list on www.nfbnet.org may have more
information on this subject.  I recall discussion six months ago there
on the topic.    I am not currently reading that list but it is
searchable from the web interface.  Radio Shack was offering a HD radio
under the $200 price point before Christmas but I am not sure if this is
still the case.

Some public radio stations have promotions in the $100  range as well.

Like any new technology, I do not think everything is accessible out of
the box but that strategies  for use of the  technology may exist not by
design of the manufacturer but by the ingenuity of the end user.

When I get some money ahead I have a $100 special from my local NPR
station  and I hope to finish paying for it soon.  I will report back at
that time.

###

BRETT WINCHESTER

208-693-8386