From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 23:39:10 -0700
Phil:
You mentioned that there was alot of 6M activity in the past in Colorado.
Everytime I have experienced an opening on 6 here, i have always heard more
colorado stations then anything else.
Is there still substantial local activity there?
We have one 6M repeater in the city here, but its receiver has a
desensatisation problem when it is being used.
Apparently the repeater cavities are not tuned, or don't exist, because when
ever someone tries to hold the repeater and talk on it, it nearly shuts
down, yet it can be curchunked from almost anywhere in the city with an HT.
I suspect the transmitter is desensatising the receiver and not allowing the
receiver to do its job while someone is trying to use the machine.
73
Colin, V A6BKX