From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:27:31 -0600
matt:
go to
www.irlp.net
and check out the listings of nodes that they have there.
you can use the find feature in your web browser to look up your city/town
in the list...its a pretty big list so if you dont use find it takes a while
to go through.
Yes, you can use IRLP with just a radio and a DTMF microphone.
The node listings page will give frequency and the node number.
You can then look up other nodes and their corresponding node numbers (which
is a four digit number always)
Once you get onto the IRLP frequency, after maiking sure its not in use, you
can simply key in the four digit number to the node you wish to reach and it
will connect you.
When you are done using that node, simply key in the number 73 on the DTMF
pad and it will disconnect you.
73
Colin, V A6BKX