AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:28:42 -0600
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Our society has serious problems.  We should not be providing this kind
of material to young girls to read.  Why is this okay?
Here is an excerpt from this article.  Here's the link:
http://www.crosswalk.com/family/home_school/1357799.html

From Home School High School:
Teen Magazines Send Mixed Messages
Rebecca Grace

In Teen People (September 2005), a girl tells readers, "I made out with
him for hours -- with my parents right down the hall."

CosmoGirl! readers are given a toll-free number to call for emergency
contraception in case a condom breaks during intercourse. On the same
page is a photo of a girl approaching a guy with a box of condoms and a
can of whipped cream. Its caption reads, "Sophia's got Chad totally
whipped."

Not what one would expect Christian teens to be reading? Sadly, they
are. And so are millions of other young people who are falling prey to
the gratuitous sex in teen magazines targeted at girls ages 13-17.

In the August 2005 issue of Seventeen magazine, female readers are told
how to "Be a Great Kisser" as guys share what they love and hate about a
girl's "smooching style."

Young girls can read about "A Day in the Life of a Teen Nudist" in the
September 2005 issue of Elle Girl. Obscured pictures of nude males and
females accompany the article to illustrate the teen's involvement in a
nudist colony.

In addition, these magazines are blatant in their seductive
advertisements, display of sexy lingerie and promotion of Planned
Parenthood, America's largest abortion provider.