VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:38:07 -0500
Hello!

When I visited a web log recently I found it impossible to comment on
entries because a visual verification was required.  I wrote to the blog's
owners (a newspaper company) and to the creator of the blog (a computer
consultant) with myproblem.
The computer consultant responded the next day.  He said he perceived the
problem and hunted for a solution to no avail.

I did some research and found free software available that creates visual
verification with an audio work around.  The audio was bad, worse than
either Hotmail or Yahoo.  I am reticent to recommend this solution to the
newspaper and hope someone here might have a work around for these CAPTCHAs.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

posting from Emma's Family Farm
Windsor Maine;
Steve Hoad