From:
Rosalie Peipert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:10:14 EDT

Since the discussion is on Boron lately, I think you should read this. We
all know that there are interactions with drugs  and supplements. Anyone  with
breast cancer or uterine cancer with positive hormone  receptors should ask
their doctors before taking it. I was told not to take  it and take calcium
citrate and magnesium only.

In theory, use of boron with estrogen-active drugs such as birth control
pills or hormone replacement therapy may result in increased estrogen  effects.
Use of boron with testosterone-active drugs such as TestodermŽ  may result in
increased testosterone effects.  In theory,  use of boron with estrogen-active
herbs or supplements may result in  increased estrogen effects.
<ITEM>Supplemental boron may decrease insulin levels in the  blood. It may
also alter thyroid hormone levels. This article came from  Medlineplus, a
reliable s

_http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patientboron.html#Interac
tions_
(http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patientboron.html#Interactions)