From:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:31:29 -0700

Dear Listmates -
My husband and I had a very good experience last night,
at a Chicago Public Schools awards dinner for teachers who were
finalists in a competition called the DRIVE awards.

I had contacted the Hilton Chicago staff person in charge of
food for the event (Robert Neubert - whom I was referred to by
John Brunner at the Hilton), and we decided that plain broiled fish, plain
steamed veggies, salad without croutons, baked potato, and
a simple dessert (ice cream for my husband, a fruit platter for
me) would work out best.

The meal was great, and we had people at our table asking
how we managed to get salmon, when they had herbed chicken.
The lady next to us was vegetarian, and she had arranged for a
vegetarian meal in advance.

The only challenge we had last night was that when we first
arrived downtown, we couldn't get to the Hilton or their parking lot,
or any parking lot in the immediate area: President Bush was in town,
and he had a meeting at the Hilton. We drove around for awhile, then

I called our contact at the Hilton, telling him there were barricades and
police officers everywhere and that we couldn't get near the Hilton.
He told us Bush had just left (think he'd left by helicopter), and to come
back around to the Hilton and the Hilton's parking lot.

We did, and everything went smoothly after that.

We have no financial interest in the Hilton. We do greatly appreciate
that they were willing to work out special meals for us, and were open
to the information and details (cross-contamination info) that I provided.

-Vicki Jones
 Park Forest, IL