From:
Melissa Berletti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melissa Berletti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:51:04 -0400

All,

Thanks you for responses.  The majority of you said to use either www.Enterolab or www.Prometheus labs.  The majority also stated to stay away from Quest.

My question was what is the "genetic test" called-not the "serologic" test.   Answer:  It is Heplotype test for  DQ2 and DQ8.

We did blood and biopsy 8 years ago to confirm diagnosis.

It was also said that insurance may or not pay for this test and if not, try writing an appeal to them.

One person said not to rely on the gene test. (???????)

Dr. Peter Green stated that if you do not have the gene, then you cant have celiac.  Makes obvious sense to me!

So, I have decided that my husband and I will do the genetic test on ourselves first and then take it from there(both of us have tested negative 2X - blood actually taken by Dr.Green himself!)

Those of you that have asked me questions in reply to my original post, I hope this answers them for you.  If not, feel free to email once again.

Thanks again for taking the time to help out....

Melissa