ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:14:09 -0700
Hi Every one,
    I've been thinking about these statements which has kind of lead me in
the direction of asking, "What Is Sin anyway
    It is a greater issue than most of us want to tackle.  I can't find the
exact wording of a scripture which says that sin is the transgression of the
law.  .  Sounds like Romans..  Anyway, I believe that sin is more than
transgressing the ten commandments--at least in my life.  Sin is disobeying
the Word that The Lord has spoken directly to me.  Most of the church is not
teaching accountability these days, that is, accountability to others, and
to God.
    In my little experiences with teaching of some ministries, sin gets to
be kind of like a credit card statement.  Yeah, Jesus paid it all, so I
don't have anything to do about it.  Well, if I sin, I'm only human anyway,
so what's the big deal?  Right?  Wrong.
Sometimes, at least in my experience, we are not walking closely enough
withthe Lord to allow Him to convict us, and we just go on our merry little
way, without fellowship with the Lord, smug and satisfied with our
doctorine,thinking  we are just fine, thank you.

    I know in my life there are certain areas which God has commanded me not
to touch, so if I fskirt these issues, and flirt with these areas, it may
not be sin for you, but between the Lord and I, it is sin.  If I don't
repent, can I just expect the full measure of his presence in my life and
walk?  True, he says that he will not leave us, nor forsake us, but if we
are going to walk with him, it has to be on his terms, not our terms.
    As far as judging others is concerned, there is a difference between
judging as far is discernment is concerned, and judging unto condenmation.
Before we fling the don't judge scripture around at one another,  find out
what you're judging. Do a word study and judging according to condemnaation,
or according to God's principles. you judging teachings according to the
scriptuere and asking the Lord to show what is right or wrong?  or are we
judging to condemn.  We do have to warn others about those who lead others
away, but our spirit must be right in doing so, we must do that with
grieving, not with gloating.
  The big watch word out there today is tollerance.  We are supposed to
tollerate all behaviors today, and if we don't we are intollerant.  Yet,
What a mess.

Ok, I'll get down of my soap box.

Vinny