From:
Ann Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 05:07:12 -0800

Dear Listmates,
We have a 10 year old son who we thought might have CD. My husband has CD for the past 3 years. Our family doctor thought Luke did not have CD.  I always thought he may be a celiac. He is tiny for his age very short and only 53 lbs. He looks like he is 7 years old.  His knees hurt a lot. Whenever he played at a friend's house or any active sports (which was alot), he would be exhausted for days and even get sick. Many times he was sick and we had no idea what was wrong. He never eats cakes, cookies, cupcakes, always said he felt bad after eating them.  Could anyone give me a suggestion what to do next. Having CD has been very difficult for my husband and now he is feeling very guilty for passing it onto our son. I plan on having a complete gluten free kitchen and eating with them. We live in Lake Mary, Florida. Any suggestions for a good doctor? I feel he needs further testings and will not do the gluten diet until we get answers.  Ann