From:
Terri Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 14:16:58 -0700

I am sorry I haven't posted this sooner.  I have been extremely busy, but I have not forgotten all to do the summary.

  My Symptoms were:
  1. Hoarse Throat
  2.  I felt like their was phlem or something stuck in my throat about the area of your vocal cords, causing me to feel like I had to constantly clear my throat or cough to get the phlem up.
  3.  Near the back of my throat near my tonsils I would have dry patches that take much water to relieve the feeling.  Sometimes it doesn't clear the dryness at all.
  4.  I am noticing my lack of energy.  I feel tired often.

  Other people have had some or all of these symptoms and this is what they found they had:
  1. Calluses on their throat
  2. Sinus canal that has crystalized
  3  Cyst on Thyroid
  4. Ulcerations on throat
  5. Hashimoto Thyroiditis
  6. Thyroid cancer
  7. Muscle Tension Dysphonia

  This is what people recommended:

  1.  rest your voice
  2.  Buy saline nasal spray
       Spray in each nostril two times and then blow
       Repeat this three times one after the other
       gargle with 1/2 tspn Saktti 9 0z spring water
       repeat every 15 minutes for 2 hours
       Then contine every 1/2 hour
       Suck on Ricoola Yellow Losenges
  3.  Allium Cepa 30C if you have clear mucus
       2 pills every two hours
  4.  Pulsatilla 30C if your mucus is green
       2 pills every two hours
  5.  up your vitamin C
       Take bioflavinoids (Quercitin, Rose Hips)
  6.  have a complete thyroid work up done.  Not just the TSH screen.  Make sure your free T3 and T4 hormone levels are mid range.  Make sure their is nothing going on with the thyroid antibodies.  Thyroid problems are notorius for causing hoarseness.  Hypothyroid has an increased tendency to cause allergies and sinus infections.
  7.  Check for Thyroid cancer.  It is a different test than the regular test for thyroid.

  Thank you for all your suggestions.  I will start by making an appointment with my doctor to check my thyroid keeping in mind all your have said.  I will also try all of these natural remedies in the meantime and maybe even after.  Thanks again for all your help.

Terri Daniels
New York, USA