Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Elizabeth Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:42:16 -0700

List Members,

  Ever since my first trip to Portland two years ago, I have wanted to visit the Corbett Fish House because it was highly rated by others on this list as a great fish and chips restaurant.  Unfortunately, because of other travelers on that first trip, I wasn't able to eat there in 2005.

  However, during a second trip to Portland just last week, I was wowed by the menu at Corbett Fish House.  Practically everything on the menu was gluten free and marked likewise.  Basically, the only options that weren't listed as gluten free could be made that way (omitting the croutons on the ceasar salad and using corn tortillas rather than flour ones on the fish tacos).

  Our first night I enjoyed shrimp (battered in rice flour) and fries with a glass of pinot gris.  Because it was so yummy and my non-celiac husband and daughter enjoyed it as much as I did, it was suggested to return there a second night.  My husband found the batter much lighter and enjoyed it more than traditional flour batters of fried fish.  The second night, I enjoyed haddock and fries with a glass of Wyder's (hard) apple cider, also marked gluten free.  Everything was delicious!

  So, if you're ever in the Portland area, google and map this restaurant and enjoy!!!

  Colleen (Montana)