Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Susan Alintoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 00:28:00 -0400

The following places were named as being GF- friendly in the
Amherst / Hadley / Northampton MA area:

La Veracruzana is very understanding and helpful -
www.laveracruzana.com
Also - Eastside Grill is very helpful.    www.eastsidegrill.com

Also - check the archives for "northampton, ma" - there are some good
suggestions there, too.

there is a Whole Foods Market in Hadley -- about 10 minutes west of
Amherst. They have that excellent line of Bakehouse GF goods.

I am not sure about restaurants, but If she decides to go to school
in Amherst there is a Trader Joes and a wonderful Whole Foods Market
very close by in Hadley

Several people recommended Butternuts,  a restaurant in Hadley--right
near UMass.  They have all the GF choices on their menu marked--and
they are WONDERFUL choices.  They clearly understand the issues of
cross contamination.  There's even an incredibly decadent dessert--a
chocolate torte.  You can find the menu at www.butternutsonline.com.

One person's daughter goes to Smith College and they are very
familiar with celiac, have a number of celiac students and serve
gluten free meals in 2 of the dining halls on campus. They are
extremely accommodating, so call ahead if you're planning to visit
there and they can probably serve you right on campus..

If you are willing to explain things to waiters and take a chance,
Panda East was usually pretty successful for me.  Judy's was also
pretty good though sometimes variable.

If you're going to be in Northampton, I am here tonight with my
celiac daughter,
also college searching, and we had a great dinner tonight in Siam
Square thai
restaurant on Pleasant Street near Pearl.  In researching the trip I
came
across Smokin' Lil's, on Strong St. in Northampton, if you like barbecue

  Someone sent me the following 2 links which name some restaurants
and food stores to buy GF foods in MA. Most of the above named
restaurants are recommended:

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/lofiversion/index.php/t15457.html

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/lofiversion/index.php/t31061.html

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and recommendations, and
good luck to those of you who are also going through the college
search process with your kids!

Susan in CT