THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Dunham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:41:41 -0700
In reference to the below  :

From: <[log in to unmask]>
> If an ADDHD child is medicated with ritalin, it calms them down.  Why were
> they that way to begin with?  It may be that many kids act up when they
are
> tired.  In some cases, they really need thyroid treatment.  But, if you
ask the
> teacher, she'd rather have them on ritalin because it makes them quiet.
Of
> course, since discipline in schools is a bit different than when I was in
school,
> I'm not sure what they can do with misbehaving children other than
medicate.
> My favorite teachers used to be the ones that used the paddles.  If I'm
not
> mistaken, that now they get positive reinforcement, candy, for being good.
> That's a real improvement.  Giving sugar to children who may be ADD.  But,
of
> course studies have said sugar makes no difference in children's behavior.
Mine
> must be unusual.

I was wondering --

Those of you dealing with the doctors who live by TSH --

Do any of you by chance have hormone imbalance as I and my son do -- and
have you looked into the play of milk products and the hormones and
antibiotics fed to cows to make the milk so cheap?

My TSH was too low even though I had all the symptoms almost into myexdema
coma -- and now that I am drinking organic milk and cheese some of the mood
swings etc. have been reduced and even though I am now taking 3 grains of
armour prescribed by my psychiatrist instead of the 2 grains I was reduced
to my TSH is closer to the bottom of the normal range.

I am hoping that removing that from the diet of my son will help his "bungie
balls", mood swings, muscle soreness -- lack of half of his eyebrows,
complete STOPPING of his puberty (he has now lost all his hair)his
constipation -- growth of moles- his high cholesterol, fluctuating blood
pressure and rapdi weight gain and all of the other symptoms that  the
endocrinologist in childrens hospital say must NOT be ENDOCRINOLOGICAL in
nature because his TSH (when he was drinking milk products) is now 2.1  when
it was 1.1 last year-
SO they will rule out everything PHYSICAL causing his mood swings and figity
behavior and recommend that he be seen immediately by a psychiatrist and
insitute medical therapy (in addition to seeing a nutritionist and
exercising MORE than he already was).

He was born with 4 different kind of kidney disease because despite the fact
I was on hormone replacement therapy and my bood was taken WEEKLY nobody
noticed that the stress I was under and the consumption of milk products
(yes the VERY YEAR they started putting the hormones in the milk in the US
was too high and too low constantly during my pregnancy.

But that could not have ANYTHING to do with hypothyroidism right?  How much
danger is my son going to be in going under to have the operation to bring
down his testicals if he STILL is not being treated for his hypothermia etc?

Yes -- thyroid disease can make you depressed so that you are just breathing
in and out.  And it can quiet your ethics so that you keep your head down,
do your work and let you and others around you be treated like garbage.....

It is only when you get some thyroid medicine -- and start speaking up your
ethics -- asking the company to Walk their walk and talk their talk that you
lose your job, your healthcare, your bonus and now I have to START over and
find a doctor that will treat my hormone imbalance, thyroid disease and get
me well --  AGAIN.  I have had to postpone my appointment at University of
Tucson that I made in SEPTEMBER.

Is there NO doctors out there that I can see that KNOWS about these things??
that I DON'T have to educate?

Nancy

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!