THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
HELEN BLACK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 11:49:15 -0700
Sandra Jean Austin wrote:

> Sorry I am late in responding to an inquiry.  My libido was low or next to
> nothing.  My doctor put me on estratest, which is a female hormone with male
> hormones mixed in with it and it worke very well.  Well, not the libido I had
> at 40, but at least I was interested in sex, and before I didn't even think
> about it.  I have also experienced a fast weight gain and have no answers for
> found no solutions.  I am going to Weight Watchers now and beginning an
> excerise program.  I have done all of these things in the past, but to no
> avail.  Also the added weight surely doesn't make me feel any sexier.  I have
> been taking 150mcg of  levithroid for 4 months now.
>
> Sandra
I have the same problems but I don't know how to go about telling my
doctor what I have found out in this group. WIll he believe me? He said
my tiredness and low libido was a mild depression and gave me medication
for it. It just made me sleep more and eat more, hence more weight gain.
I haven't had a peroid for 4 months and after a ultrasound was done they
found I have a "bulky uterus" and a large fibriod growning in my uterus.
He said they usually don't do anything for this but keep an eye on it.
How do I make him realize how I feel without him just pushing it off and
saying that people that are unhappy are apt to get sick more often. Who
said I was unhappy is my question? What does it have to do with hormone
replacement decisions or surgery?