THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kitty Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:02:03 -0500
Ok - I will be having a nodule removed from ym thyroid in the near future.
My endo. said that week to 10 days after surgery, i'd be back to doing all
my normal activities.  (I'm VERY active, jog, run a horse boarding/training
faiclity, so do lots of riding and competing, teach riding lessons and so
on.)  I'm tryign to plan for this surgery so as to try an have a slittle
impact on my farm/business as possible.  Is a week to 10 days realisitc?  I
have an appt with the surgeon in a couple weeks so i'll ask him of course
too - but  - i put more stock in advice from folks who have been there,
done that...

So, what should i expect from surgery and post op. recovery?

Thanks!

Kitty Cummings

Katharine Cummings
Computing Services