THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 12:42:49 EDT
> Andrea Briand <[log in to unmask]>

>  I have an appointment to fly down to meet Doc Don....so I really hope
>  something good can come out of it!
Admittedly he is not the answer to everything.  ( I say that because some
people tell me there can be causes for ailments other than low thyroid, and
occasionally I believe them.)  But I bet because he's willing to give thyroid
and Cortef to those who need it he's cured more patients of more ailments
than 95% of the physicians out there.

He won't necessarily tell you that thyroid will cure a particular ailment
anyway.  I don't think he volunteered that he could cure my wife's asthma, in
fact he was sure to tell me that it might not be a thyroid problem.  I'm not
sure anymore when it went away, I think it was on her way up to 18 grains of
Armour, but it may have been when she switched to Wilson's treatment.

A low thyroid could be why your infection in your leg doesn't heal.  So could
low adrenals.  So could mercury.  Doc Don gets labs before a patient goes, I
don't' recall that being tested among the 5 vials of blood he takes, so you
might want to check special on it.  I've had my blood tested for it and it
comes out fine, but someone on alt.support told me you needed to get your
hair tested.  I think mercury suppresses the thyroid, yet TSH stays normal.
So, supplemental T3 might take care of the problem.  And one with high
mercury levels suspected should take selenium, which protects from mercury
poisoning.  Some dentists in Europe take it as a precaution.

I have one root canal, I don't hold it responsible for any of my problems.
On the other hand, I had the root canal in 1989 and declined greatly in 1990.
  You might want to check out
http://www.health-and-healing.org/Articles/Rootcanal.html which among other
things says,
"Dr. Price suspected that bacterial infection accompanied many degenerative
illnesses. In the beginning, he didn't know what bacteria were involved or
just how they contributed to so many disease conditions. But he did recall
that in medical practice doctors made cultures from the infection site, grew
the organism present in a culture medium and then injected the bacteria into
an animal to see if they could reproduce the disease and thereby prove it was
the cause of the illness.

Dr. Price suspected that these infections arose from the teeth. He decided to
implant an extracted root-filled tooth under the skin of an animal. He felt
that if bacteria were present and carrying illness, their presence in a tooth
might offer the same kind of proof physicians found when they injected the
bacterial culture to produce disease in an animal. That is exactly what took
place. He found that by implanting the root-filled tooth, the disease of the
patient was transferred to animals. Whatever disease the patient had, the
animal with the extracted tooth under its skin developed the same disease as
the patient.

In other words, if the patient had heart disease, the animal developed heart
disease. If he had kidney trouble, disease of the kidney was transferred to
the animal. If he had a problem in his joints, the animals' joints became
similarly involved. The principle held true for the whole spectrum of human
ailments. Whatever the disease, the animal would develop that of the patient.

Most of the time Dr. Price found the bacteria involved were of the
streptococcus family, but he also found staphylococcus, spirochetes and
fungi. He found that if a patient had more than one root-canal treated tooth,
he could actually have a different organism infecting each one of the treated
teeth. That is the reason some people have various ailments from their teeth,
all at the same time. In addition, infected root canals have a detrimental
effect on the immune system, causing a number of different illnesses."

I don't know if it's good science, it makes sense, but you would think
dentists would know about this.  My root canal tooth has never felt quite
right, maybe this is why.

Get along for many years with a root canal, and then have problems when you
become hypo or have something else compromise your immune system this
explains why:

" One is the fact that 25 to 30 percent of people seem to get along with
root-canal-filled teeth for many years without any detrimental effects. Dr.
Price studied that very problem. He found that those people who had no
history of degenerative diseases usually had strong immune systems which were
capable of engulfing any bacteria present and prevented them from becoming
sick. However, Price found that if these same people suffered a severe
accident, a bad case of the flu or some serious stress problem, their immune
systems that had been protecting them would become so compromised that they
would then become ill with a degenerative disease."

Be aware I'm not saying any of this is your problem, especially if the root
canal came after surgery.  However, it could be causing problems, which might
be corrected when you go on Armour and your immune system is not compromised
anymore.  (Be sure to get lots of Armour while in the US.)

This iis a terrible thing they are doing if true and after what I've seen
with thyroid treatment, it shouldn't surprise me.  Another way to keep
patients sick so they have to see a doctor.

Skipper Beers

   Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]