ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2006 13:30:12 -0700
Kathy,

Yes, Billy Graham was criticized for his involvement with the presidents but
Billy never went political.  He kept preaching the Gospel, although he began
associating with a lot of people that were questionable, and he never got
screwed up, to his credit, in money or messed up his morality.  I forgot to
comment on Rick Warrens reverse tithing thing.  Stuff like that doesn't
impress me.  I heard a Baptist millionaire speak years ago.  He had become a
reverse tither, too, but the only way you learn of these things is if the
person tells you.  Millionaires shouldn't have any problem becoming a
reversed tither.  But what do I know?  I don't even believe in tithing  in
the first place as a Biblical principle. so I don't have much room to talk.
Anyhow, I just become concerned when people think they can win the world for
Jesus, and even change goverments, when the bible clearly teaches that is
not only impossible but just the opposite is going to happen.  I don't want
to be helping the wrong team, sort of speak.  If that's right, 20 mill of
Christians didn't vote, no wonder we are so screwed up politically.  What a
shame.  I personally believe, and I hate dooms day preaching, but I believe
we are literally watching the closing days of the world as we know it.  Even
so come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Phil.