From:
Esme Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Esme Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 06:20:12 -0400

Hello list,

My 10 year-old celiac son's school system is offering the FluMist
nasal vaccination free to all elementary school students beginning
later this month.

Does anyone know whether FluMist is GF, and if there is any other
reason why a celiac should not have the vaccination? It is a live,
attenuated vaccine from the MedImmune company.

In the literature attached to the school info sheet, it says people
who have a weakened immune system should not get this treatment.

The flip side is, he has never had a flu shot and has never had the
flu and if it were not for this being offered in the school system, I
would probably not have my kids get flu vaccines.

Thanks for everyone's continued help.

Esme in MD

*******
*******