ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 04:42:39 -0000
Hi all,

I've decided it has to be the night of "wonderful things" because I'm wide
awake again!

I've been doing all sorts, but have had some very precious time with Him -
and somehow it makes these long nights all worthwhile.  <Smiles>

I just thought I'd write and tell you all about it!

Oh, whilst writing, the singing on Saturday was something "very different!"
It went well, with only the tiny blips that Mike and I would recognise.  Our
close friends knew we folded in for one another.  God gave me liberty to
share a simple message with each song.  What I didn't expect was what
happened to me!  I'd struggled with a throat problem all week, partly
because I'd overdone the singing practice for our Carol service on the
Monday evening, because my voice only takes fairly light pounding.  It's so
much improved on what it was ten years ago though.  Anyway, I tried not to
sing too much the rest of the week, but of course we had a couple of brief
practices for Saturday.  Friday was long, with Ed coming late for practice .
. ..  Wasn't his fault!  Anyway, Saturday morning I felt to use some gargle,
which I seldom do, but my throat was feeling uncomfortable.  I got to The
lunch and I was comfortable with those on my table.  We got to singing and I
introduced the first song.  Partway through the first verse I began to shake
very violently.  Yes, nerves probably played a part and I was probably much
more nervous having not sung in public for so long . . . but this was, hey,
pretty violent.  I reached out to the left and behind me for the piano and
steadied myself.  I realised I could not have stood otherwise.  I seemed OK
so loosed it again and continued.  Then I noticed my heels leave the floor,
and then my toes, and my feet continued in this rocky movement two or three
times.  Was I about to fall flat!  and oh, more violent shaking such as I've
never experienced before when singing.  Well, was it God in power!  Was it
nerves trippled!  was it just that I'm currently ill with this non-sleep
stuff?  Well, I really don't know, but all praise be to God!  I got through
it and, regardless of how much my legs and body shook, my voice did not!
That was pretty incredible to me!  I still have a croak and maybe have
picked up some virus going around, but I just don't know what's going on
right now.

Thank you, every one of you, for your prayers.  Please keep them coming.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) I have an important doctor's appointment and I haven't
a clue how to approach it at present.

Love to all:

--
Carol - Reading, UK

To you, o Lord, I lift up my soul;
In You I trust, o my God.  . . .."  PS25:1-2 NIV.