From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 11:58:44 -0400
> I am struck by the relatively low amounts
>of fruits and vegetables... it looks like some NeanderThinners
>are on something fairly close to the Atkins diet. I have read
>The Paleolithic Prescription, and the consumption of great
>quantities of high-fibre veggies is really emphasized. So are
>you Atkins-esque paleodieters eating that way because it
>is in line with Audette's book, or for some other reason?

i usually have maybe 2 pieces of fruit each day, plus a big salad with
supper.  this is usually all i feel like having.  like bart simpson, we
neaderthinners do what we feel.

>My second question relates to domesticated meat sources.
>I gather that many of you eat beef and stuff right from the
>supermarket, since it is not always easy or cost-effective
>to get wild game-type sources. Well, in the quantities you
>are eating meat, are you not concerned about modern additives
>and chemicals in the meat?

yeah, a bit.  but i am also worried about pollutants in the air i breathe
(haven't figured out a way to avoid them yet), chemicals and metals in my
water supply, pesticides on my fruit and veggies.

JoAnn.