Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 15:16:56 -0400
My way of eating has evolved from no fat/low fat (after which my
cholesterol was the highest its ever been - as was my BP), Atkins, CAD, and
is now basically Neanderthin.  I say "basically" because I do have a
ranch-type salad dressing twice a day (about 2 tablespoons), and after my
main meal, I do eat fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, etc., with a
couple of tablespoons of cream thinned with water.  After eating this way
for only about 4 days, I have finally nudged my scale downward
significantly!!!!  (I do need to lose about 15 more pounds, but my main
concern is eating healthy!)

That said, where do folks who eat this way as a part of their lifestyle get
their calcium?  I certainly eat a ton of veggies every meal, but since I
don't consume vast quantities of green leafy things exclusively, I'm
wondering if supplementation would be the answer.

Also, we'll be taking a trip next week by car, and my husband and I are
notorious snackers when we travel.  (NEVER at home!)  Being a former
vegetarian, (can you believe it?), cold meat or even hard boiled eggs just
don't appeal to me.  I'm wondering about sunflower seeds; would that be
within the guidelines?  Fruit probably won't do since I get very very
hungry after eating it...unless it's dessert after a meal.  Suggestions?
Ideas?

Thanks -

BJ