From:
Carrie Coineandubh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:40:11 -0700
> Date:    Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:08:16 -0800
> From:    "C. Kuni" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: weight loss plateau
>
> I'm looking for ideas or clues as to why I have stopped losing weight.

> Here are my suspects (and I may be overlooking something entirely):
> 1. Eating too much fat?
*** Probably not.

 > 2. Eating too much?  ie. too large portions?
***  Maybe, probably not.

> 3. Cheating on carbs?
*** Ding ding. There is no difference to your body between half a bagel and
half a cup of sugar. If you're eating potatoes or pasta or bread you might
as well be spooning sugar into your mouth instead. The excess insulin blocks
the effective burning of fat for energy by your muscles, and also encourages
the fat cells not to release fat for energy. If you have insulin resistance,
the effect is magnified.

> need a system that I can live with long term and having to count
> quantities
> or calories tends to send me to the nearest 31 Flavors in despair.
> Perhaps
> someone can give me some advice.  Many thanks, CK

*** Maybe try eliminating all starchy foods, processed carbs, and fruits for
a couple of weeks. You can always go back to cake and ice cream if you want
to later.

--Carrie