From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 05:27:32 -0500
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:32:19 -0500, Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Debate about fluoride in water goes on
> December 17, 2006
> By Geoff Oldfather, News Columnist
> tcpalm.com

> The study established a baseline for people who grew up drinking the
> water there as I did.
>
> Some of the questions were about 1) trips to the dentist, 2) cavities
> and 3) broken bones.
>
> My answers were 1) never went, 2) never had any and 3) even though my
> finger got crushed in the barn gate one day the bone didn't even crack.

I grew up drinking well water, without flouride.  I went to the dentist
whenever my parents said I had to for cleaning or whatever, but never had
any cavities.  As an adult, I had no interest in going to the dentist, and
had fairly poor oral hygeine for well over a decade.  Still no cavities.
Up until I started martial arts training (as an adult), I had never broken
a bone (despite being in plenty of situations where I might have,
including a few car accidents).  And at the time I finally broke that one
bone, I was living in Dallas, drinking city water, which is flouridated.

My point is that one person's experience (his or mine) may be interesting,
but it doesn't necessarily mean anything to anyone but him.

--
   Robert Kesterson