From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2006 19:34:28 -0500
Hi Walt, I have the T90 and I really enjoy the cw readout.  I primarily use
the ht as a wide-band receiver and scanner.  I have almost all 500 memories
programmed and split into several banks.  The stock antenna is really no
good but I have found one of those dual band cat whisker antennas like the
Opek or Pryme RD-8 antennas work great.  The menus on the T90 don't wrap so
you can always find the top or bottom a menu and most of the important
features are programmable with only one key press. The T90 has the 6-meter
transmit but I never use it because I use the dual band cat whisker. I
really like this ht and carry it everywhere, but read on for the cons.

Now for the bad.  Only one band at a time can be scanned, I would like to
turn on multiple banks. The T90 is not dual receive so you can only listen
to one band at a time (not a problem for me but some hams want dual
receive). You can set the T90 to work through a cross-band repeater (listen
on one band and transmit on another) but you have to go into the extended
menus to turn on split mode and this can be tricky if you don't have the
menus memorized.  It would also be nice to be able to store the split
settings into a memory, but you can't do it.  You just program vfo "A" then
vfo "B" and turn on the split mode.  The power is either "High" or "Low", 6
or 0.5 watts, a medium setting would be nice, maybe 2 watts.  Programming
memory banks is tricky, but I have the programming software and cable so
this isn't a problem for me, but if you don't have the software programming
the banks could be difficult.

Hope this helps,

73, Ken -N5SWR