AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Schmetzke, Axel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 18:29:49 -0600
Dear fellow accessibility advocates and researchers,

I'm working on a new special theme issue for Library Hi Tech (LHT) on
the online library environment and its accessibility/usability for all
users, including those with disabilities.

Topics to be covered include the following:

1. Libraries and Web/online accessibility policies: what we have and
what we need.

2. Library Web site accessibility -- trend and current data.

3. Accessibility of federated search tools, such as Metalib and
ENCompass.

4. Accessibility and usability of library database interfaces for people
with disabilities.

5. Accessibility of e-books, such as NetLibrary.

6. Formats of full-text resources and accessibility (including a
discussion of PDFs).

7. Accessibility of online library databases-the vendor's perspective.

8. Accessibility of online library tutorials.

9. e-Reserve and accessibility: problems and solutions.

10. Library school programs and the coverage of accessibility issues in
their curricula.

11. Digital collections and accessibility.

12. Current obstacles to a fully accessible online library
infrastructure and strategies to overcome them.

The tentative submission deadline for the final manuscript is May 1,
2007.

Library Hi Tech is a peer-reviewed journal. Contributions must be of
high quality, and they should be research-based (quantitative or
qualitative studies, surveys, policy analysis, etc.). Only under special
circumstances will I be persuaded to include "how-we-did-it-right" type
of articles. Proposals providing a comparative or international
perspective on library-related accessibility issues are particularly
welcome.

Prospective contributors should contact me and submit a brief
description of the proposed article by February 27, 2007. Other factors
being equal, proposals submitted prior to January 19, 2007, will be
given preferential treatment.

Axel Schmetzke, Ph.D.
Professor
Library, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
900 Reserve, Stevens Point, WI 54481
Tel.:  715-346-4658
Email: [log in to unmask]

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<