From:
Patricia Winslow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:41:50 -0400
Hi, I am new to the list and have only been on the PALEO diet for 3 months,
although I have been in the conscious process of finding foods that are
nutritious AND don't make me sick for over 20 years.  The PALEO diet has
been the very best I've felt in years. Since I have been on the PALEO diet,
just for these few months, I feel better, better concentration, better
memory, better mood, etc.

10 years ago I spent a few weeks at Hippocrates Health Center in West Palm
Beach where they live and promote a RAW, vegan, grain-free diet (I was quite
sick and weak at the time and it helped me recover from the crisis I was in)
and a woman there, in her 80's, had been entirely on their diet for 3 years.
She claimed that her hair had returned to its natural color, AND her stretch
marks from pregnancy had returned to natural skin, and AND she wasn't dead
from the hospice-bound, advanced bone cancer condition she had been in when
she arrived.

The Hippocrates (Ann Widmore) philosophy is that a densely nutritious,
organic diet reduces the load on the immune system, improves the oxygen in
the cells and blood, supplies the elements required to build happy, healthy
new cells, and allows the lower quality cells (maybe gray hair, or diseased
cells) to be replaced by the higher quality cells the body can now produce
for itself.  The body can heal itself given the correct tools.  I believe
they specifically credited the increase in zinc to the hair color changes.

THE GOOD NEWS!  If your gray hair is turning back to its original color, you
can bet that other cells in your system are also returning to their
"younger" state of health.

The PALEO diet, using high quality meats, fish and eggs only from natural
sources and only organic produce (50%+ eaten raw, and including sprouts),
organic fruit, and organic nuts (raw) and seeds is the SUPER PALEO DIET for
healing and health that I do my best to obtain (when I can afford it).

Thanks, Patricia