From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:41:30 EDT

In a message dated 3/17/2007 3:02:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

That said, high fiber cutting inflammation is an interesting idea.

Interesting -- maybe something to try if someone is eating a low fiber type
diet and wants to lower CRP.  I eat very little fiber, tons of saturated fat
and my CRP was .2 last test -- so I really think it's an individual thing.
Inflammation seems to be the buzzword these days -- but sometimes you want
inflammation temporarily ie during healing process after injury, surgery etc.  I
wonder if timing of CRP test can affect results ie levels could be higher after
undue stress or surgery, illness -- that kind of thing.  Speaking of labwork --
I would always have tests repeated before drawing any conclusions.  Lab
personnel can leave a lot to be desired sometimes.  My husband works in the
supplement industry and one of customers was calling from a lab and she misread one
his company's labels for Cetyl Myristoleate which read "Esterified Oil" -- lab
gal kept referring to it as "Stir-Fried"!!!  Scary ...